Who can open an NPS account?
What are its benefit?
- Opening an account under NPS will give you an additional tax benefit of Rs.50,000 under section 80CCD(1B) of ITA 1961, over and above the limit of Rs 1.5 lakh under section 80C.
- There is no upper limit of savings under an NPS account. However, minimum contribution under an NPS account should be of Rs 500 per month and Rs.6000 per year.
- NPS accounts are opened under the clear guidelines of PFRDA where NPS trust actively manages the performance of funds by its fund managers.
- NPS provides flexibility in choosing funds for investment under different asset classes.
- How to create a pension account through eNPS?
- Follow these 10 simple steps to create your pension account through eNPS:
- Step1: Visit the official website of NPS : https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem.html
- Step2: For new registration or completing the pending registration click on the ” new registration” or “completing pending registration” tab appearing on the home screen.